Happy New Year! A new year means the perfect time for a new start and a new approach to fabric and sewing which is why I'm joining up with this. I did a fabric diet for six months before and it was really successful and strangely liberating shopping my stash to get sewing. This maybe just what I need to get some of those WIP's done and dusted!
I read about it last time the lap top was on...a couple of days ago, then promptly forgot. Which explains why I bought the first fabric I've bought in ages earlier from Mary. But I did need that for a project I've got planned so we'll ignore it and pretend I actually bought it yesterday OK? To make up for it I'll do my evaluation on July 2nd instead of 1st.
So what have I agreed to:
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the $$ I spend on stashing.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- Swap Mama Fabric: if hosting a swap you are permitted to by fabric to execute swap duties, but you may not join a swap simply for the sake of being able to buy fabric!
So wish me luck. I think I may well need it!